The Benefits of working out in the morning
Im often asked about the training schedule at my gym. When I mention my 5:30am Kettle-Jitsu bootcamp, I always get the same reaction. Their eyes open wide as if I were crazy! Lol Waking up that early in the morning to workout is something that is hard to fathom for most people. But I feel its something that is engrained in my DNA. I come from a family of fighters. Pugilists traditionally wake up early to do their road work. My father did it and so did my cousins. I have even heard stories about how it was such a habit for my cousin, that even after an all nighter partying, he would still wake up and run!
For me training in the morning is a discipline thing. I love the feeling that im up early doing something good for myself and others, while people are still counting sheep. From a fighting stand point, look at it like this. If your not up early training, your opponent probably is. That means he is sacrificing more. If he is sacrificing more, that means he is hungrier. Anyways, those are some personal reasons of why I feel working out in the morning is the best time to do so. Here are some legit reasons in case you need more convincing.
- When you exercise in the morning, it kick starts your metabolism. It will keep it elevated all day. So you will burn calories throughout the day.
- After your workout in the morning, your endorphins will be at peak levels. So you will be more energetic.
- There may be a direct relation to working out early and eating healthier. So basically if you workout early, you are less likely to eat poorly throughout the day.
- Research has proven to enhance mental acuity. After a workout, you can stay focused for up to ten hours!
- Last but not least, if you finding it difficult to find time to workout, anyone can wake up an hour earlier to get a workout in.