From 173 to 166 in just 3 weeks! Here is how I did it!
After winning my last tournament, I decided to move from middle weight to light weight. I was already weighing in at the bottom of the middle weight class without even watching what I eat. So I thought, if I just ate more sensibly, I could make lightweight no problem. I was right! I made a few adjustments and I hit my goal weight just a few weeks later. Here are a few tips that can help you in shedding unwanted pounds.
- Drink nothing but water or unsweetened tea. I know we all crave these sugary drinks, but they just go straight to your gut. Eliminating sugary juices and sodas can do wonders for your waist line.
- Switch to white meat only. Eating lean chicken, fish and turkey can make a huge difference in your diet. You can even feel the difference when you do not have the heavier, harder to digest meat in your stomach.
- Reduce your carbohydrate intake. This means, no white bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. I use Ezekiel bread for sandwiches and what not. You can purchase this at Trader Joes. I also use quinoa as a rice substitute. Quinoa is similar in texture and can be used in stir fry’s, salads and a lot more.
- Workout twice a day. One of the most common questions I get as a trainer is, “what is the quickest way to lose weight and get in shape.” I say, train twice a day. This means a morning workout and an evening workout. Try a walk or run in the morning and a kettlebell workout in the evening. Training in the morning kick starts your metabolism so you are burning calories throughout the day. Training twice a day ensures that your metabolism is running at its optimum rate.
- Do an ab workout at least once a day. Our waist line is probably the most stubborn of all body parts. For me, I have always gotten the best results when hitting them on a daily basis. You can use the easy to follow ab pyramid format that is on my latest dvd, Kettle-Jitsu Revolution for great results. That is basically what I follow and as you can see in the enclosed picture, I have gotten great results!
- Eat more often. I really believe in eating up to 6 small meals a day. Do not skip meals. I like to take small packs of mixed nut and berries(I get them from trader joe’s) for snacks. They are packed with protein and make you feel full. Try eating every 3 hours or so and make sure there is protein in every meal.
- Increase your vegetable intake. Broccoli, spinach and squash have been a staple in my diet. Its quick and easy to make as well. Just toss some veggies in a pan with some butter or olive oil, add some garlic and finish it off with some parmesan cheese and use ad a side dish for one of your meals
There you have it! 7 easy tips to help you shed some pounds. Try it for yourself!
Check out the KB Strength and conditioning 8 week kettlebell and body weight training program! With this program Joey shed 20 pounds in 2 months and won his first world title as black belt! Includes the 15 guidelines to rapid fat loss! Check it out in our store here! Kettlejitsu Store